There are a few things around this time of the year that reminds us more of nostalgic Christmas flavors than gingerbread. Dressed up as a house or eaten alone, gingerbread makes for a delicious winter treat that we all know and love. So, why not combine two flavors that complement the winter weather oh so well – coffee and gingerbread!
With the help of one of our favorite coffee suppliers, the gingerbread latte is only a few steps away. This recipe is perfect for your next Christmas party or simply enjoying a cup alone while sitting next to a crackling fireplace. You can’t go wrong with these two festive favorites!
Thanks to the coffee lovers over at JavaPresse.com, the gingerbread latte is both simple to make a delicious to drink. Once you get all of your ingredients together and the delightful gingerbread syrup is ready to pour, make sure you tag us on Instagram so we can reshare your coffee creation!
Cheers to that, my friends.
“Gingerbread Latte Ingredients:
- 6 Ounces milk
- 1 Tablespoon gingerbread syrup
- 2-4 Ounces espresso
- Combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a small pot, then simmer.
- Mix in 1 cinnamon stick, 1 Tbsp honey, ½ tsp allspice, ½ tsp clove, ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp ginger (fresh, if possible).
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes, then strain.
- Mix hot coffee and gingerbread syrup in a mug
- Pour in ½ the frothed milk and mix.
- Add the final ½ frothed milk.
- Garnish with a dash of your favorite spice from the syrup.”