The Buzz and Creation of Spiked Coffee Cocktails
If you are having an event and you have access to a coffee cart, you should take advantage of creating a buzz by making signature spiked coffee cocktails. We all know how delicious a cup of coffee is. Imagine it with a little spike.
Irish Coffee was born over 100 years ago by a man named Joe Sheridan. He served it to a group of passengers in need of great warmth. He was a chef, and it was spontaneous. The coffee cocktails of today are carefully planned and executed by renowned baristas and chefs. If you haven’t gotten fully cranked about the idea of boozing your traditional morning drink, here are some signature drinks that you can create.
- Single shot of espresso
- Squirt of Terry’s Chocolate Orange Ganache (1 part hot water, 1 part chocolate)
- 25ml Maker’s Mark
- Muddled, topped with steamed whole milk to 5oz capacity – serve nice and hot.
This cocktail is described as “delicious, stylish, and surprisingly easy to make.”
- Double Espresso
- 1 oz/30 g lavender simple syrup
- ½ oz/15 g half-and-half (that’s half cream for the Brits/Aussies, but you can also substitute it with a 2:1 ratio of single cream and whole milk)
- One whole egg
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Then fine strain into a coupe glass and, if you wish, add some lavender as a garnish.
Do you like Cherry Cola? Then you will definitely enjoy this gem.
- 4 oz. Black Cherry Simple Syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened 100% black cherry juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 oz. strong cold-brew coffee
- 1 12-oz. can club soda
- 1 12-oz. can cola
- Four lime wedges (for serving)
Mix 1 oz. Black cherry simple syrup & 1 oz. Coffee in a rocks glass. Add ice, then 3 oz. club soda & 3 oz. cola. Garnish with lime wedge. This recipe serves 4!
Don’t be afraid to experiment a little. Perhaps at your event, you create your very own signature coffee drink for guest.
Do you have a favorite spiked coffee drink that is your go-to? With the cooling weather comes the need for some new inspiration!