The winter season is in full effect here on the east coast! With snow mounting upwards of 6 inches in the past few days, we hope everyone is bundled up at home and reading this while staying toasty.
As the snow falls outside, treat yourself to our specialty coffee recipe of the month. After all the shoveling that you’ll be doing, you shouldn’t feel guilty treating yourself.
An incredibly savory and spicy cocktail recipe, today’s coffee concoction is for those 21+. You may have heard about traditional Irish coffees in the past, but our featured “Winter Warmer” is here to take the spotlight. Besides, what’s a better way to keep warm than a combination of two late-night favorites, espresso, and tequila?
If you’re reading this during the workday, we won’t blame you for clocking out early. With snow falling and the weekend approaching, the winter warmer is the perfect way to finish off the long winter week. Hopefully, it can help get your mind off of the inevitably shoveling that’s soon to come!
Winter Warmer Ingredients
- 1 oz Patrón XO Cafe (or your choice of tequila coffee liqueur)
- 1 oz Pyrat Rum
- 1.5 oz Fresh chilled espresso
- .5 oz Maple syrup
- 1 dash Chocolate bitters
- Coffee beans for garnish
- Start by combining all of your ingredients in a shaker. Add a few ice cubes and shake.
- Strain through a fine strainer into a glass (served without ice).
- Top it off with coffee beans as a garnish.
Enjoy, and stay warm!