You read the title correctly. Coffee is not only great for weight loss and, of course, the best way to start your morning. There are also a few other benefits that come along with the world’s most popular bean.
If you’re like most of us, keeping a full head of hair is always a priority. The texture, fullness, and overall appearance of hair often signify good health. So if you require a little boost for your hair, there are a few DIY hair masks that you can try using to encourage hair growth.
Let’s start with a few specific benefits of coffee for hair growth, followed by breaking down some of the most popular coffee masks you can make in your kitchen.
Coffee Benefits for Your Hair
1. Coffee hair masks might help to stimulate the roots of your hair and improve the texture of your hair. This, in turn, can aid in the prevention of hair loss and the promotion of hair growth.
2. The coffee brew, when used as a rinse, can help untangle unruly hair while also strengthening and smoothing the hair shafts.
3. When used as a scrub, coffee can assist in detoxifying the scalp, removing product buildup, and maintaining general scalp health.
4. When used as a spray, brewed coffee can help enhance vitality to natural hair color.
5. Coffee oil is high in phytosterols, which can aid in improving blood circulation when massaged into the scalp.
6. A coffee paste can be used to hide grey hair as a natural dye.
7. When brewed coffee is combined with leave-in conditioners, the impact is amplified.
Now that you know all the ways coffee can improve hair growth, here are the DIY hair maks to try at home.
DIY Coffee Masks for Hair
Coffee, honey, and olive oil mask
Take one tablespoon of coffee powder, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive oil for each person. Make a smooth paste by thoroughly mixing the ingredients. Apply from root to tip to hair and leave for at least half an hour. Then, rinse and wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
Coffee, lemon, and yogurt mask
Make this mask by mixing one cup of plain yogurt, one tablespoon of coffee powder, and little lemon juice in a bowl for soft and silky hair. Stir the mask and apply it to your hair. After 30-40 minutes, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Coffee and sugar scalp scrub
Combine ground coffee beans and granulated sugar in a bowl and use them to exfoliate your scalp while it’s still wet. Massage gently for 10-15 minutes, then leave on for another 30 minutes before washing off with cool water and a light shampoo.