A few weeks back, we shed light on a recent discovery that left many of you shocked, and some even a bit offended. What has to be said will be said – pumpkin spice lattes aren’t always what they’ve been cracked up to be. We can all agree that pumpkin spice has remained the staple in the fall, but change is welcomed during these times. For some of you pumpkin fanatics, we’re here to offer a fresh option that comes right along with the autumn theme.
On the other hand, if you loved our recent feature of the caramel apple cinnamon latte, you’re in for a real treat. This year, we’re all about the taste of cinnamon! Cinnamon doesn’t have to be limited to our popular cinnamon spice latte art designs. Top-off your week with our featured recipe that will have you ready to rethink your pumpkin spice latte obsession.
The maple cinnamon latte is one for the books (or coffee blog in this case). Simple, sweet, and perfect for the season, get your palate ready for a refreshed autumn experience.
Gather up the supplies listed below and get ready to brew up a fall masterpiece. Once you’ve mastered the drink, tag us on Instagram, and give us a shout! Our team would love to show off all of your work.
With help from our friends over at portandfin.com, the maple cinnamon latte is the perfect way to impress your guests or even yourself. A kick of cinnamon always does the trick!
Maple Cinnamon Latte Supplies
- 3/4 cup of milk (your choice of what kind)
- 1/2 cup of coffee
- 1-1 1/3 teaspoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cinnamon stick (to top things off)
- Start off by pouring your milk into an average-sized ball mason jar and screw on the lip. Make sure it’s extra tight!
- Shake it up for about 15 seconds and watch for foam forming on the surface. Once the foam looks ready, remove the lid and prep the microwave.
- Warm-up the milk for about 45 seconds to get the milk where you want it (keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t begin bubbling).
- Grab your hot coffee and pour it into a cup, along with the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Top it off with your prepared milk, spoon the foam right on top.
- Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon & garnish with the cinnamon stick.
Voila! You’ve joined the resistance against basic pumpkin spice lattes. Pour up and enjoy.