How has your winter been so far? We’ve seen everything from 50 degrees on Christmas Day to snow flurries and a fair share of freezing rain here on the east coast. As unpredictable as the weather can be, there’s one thing you can be sure of – coffee will always save the day. Our winter warmer recipe has received excellent feedback, so we’re excited to share more specialty coffee recipes for you to cozy up with.
Our signature spiced coffee recipe is perfect for keeping you warm during this harsh season. Spiced coffee is a go-to for coffee lovers of all sorts with the intoxicating aroma of exotic spices such as star anise.
We hope you enjoy, and most importantly, stay safe & comfortable as we hold on until the flowers of Spring blossom. Oh, and shoutout to Dominican Cooking for the recipe – check them out for delicious recipes you don’t want to miss. You’ll thank us later!
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup coffee beans
- 10 cardamom pods, , crushed
- 2 star anise
- ½ quart [½ lt] of water
- ⅓ cup powdered white sugar
- ½ cup of Kahlúa
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Spiced Coffee Step by step
- Chill whipping cream, and the bowl and wire attachment of your mixer.
- In the meantime, mix coffee beans, cardamom, star anise and ½ quart [½ lt] of water in a 1 quart [1 lt] pot. Simmer over very low heat until the liquid has reduced to half.
- In the meantime, whisk the cream with the wire attachment at medium-high speed until it forms soft peaks (1 ½ minutes). Add sugar and whisk until it forms firm peaks (2-3 mins).
- Sieve coffee to eliminate solids. Mix with the Kahlúa and brown sugar, and split equally into 6 cups. Top with a swirl of cream, and sprinkle with cocoa and